My 5 Reasons to visit Louisiana
Traveling through the states is always a fun time. The states are an interesting mixture of people, to say the least. Usually, people will stop in the major landmarks to see things like the Grand Canyon, or New York city, but often skip the other interesting things that the states have to offer. Truthfully, those should be done. However, I believe there is more to see in the United States. For this article, I would like to call your attention to Louisiana as possible destination on your trip. My reasoning can be found below.
- Louisiana is culturally rich – I am fortunate in my life to have traveled to many of the states in the U.S. I even hope to visit them all one day. One thing that I have noticed about some of the other states that I have been to is that there is a lack of local culture. Sure, there are influences from other places and mindsets, but what I mean is the culture being ingrained in a way of life. In Louisiana, traditions run deep in many aspects of society. Louisiana has been influenced by French, Spanish, Italians, Germans, Lebanese, Hungarians, Irish, and many more people who have left their impacts in the local life.
- Louisiana has great food – I never much appreciated the spices and flavors of Louisiana’s food until I traveled. Traditionally, when in Louisiana I would eat well-seasoned foods that I was served, but I never went out of my way to season my food. Strangely, I developed a strong desire for the addition of things like hot sauce (Louisiana made) in my food. Louisiana is most well-known for its spicy food. Additionally, the seafood dishes served in Louisiana are said to be some of the best. For example, you can eat plates of oysters, fresh shrimp, and fish, or you can enjoy some of our freshwater foods such as turtle soup (a truly delicious delicacy) or boiled Crawfish (a Louisiana favorite). In the winter, look forward to dishes like Gumbo, crawfish Étouffée, and Jambalaya. I promise you will not be disappointed.
- Louisiana has New Orleans – By now, you have hopefully heard about New Orleans. The world-famous city is known for its nightlife and colorful history. New Orleans is one of the oldest modern cities in America, and in many ways the most European. You can take a stroll through the French quarter and walk down 18th Century Streets, then you can hit the streets at night for a great party, or if you are lucky to come for Mardi Gras, take part in a parade.
- Louisiana is cheap – In my experience, relative to other US states, Louisiana is quite cheap. Obviously, in every city you can get by cheaply if you know how, but costs are reasonable for all common social activities.
- Louisiana has great nature – There are many metropolitan areas around the states. Louisiana has a few semi-sized metropolitan areas, but has been able to maintain its nature as well. Especially in the southern part of the state, nature is a big part of local life. From hunting and fishing, to bird sanctuaries, to coastal preservation and general wildlife, Louisiana has a diverse flora and fauna. You can take swamp tours to admire the beauty of the famed cypress tress, visit places like Avery Island and tour botanical gardens and scenic drives, or take advantage of the fishing culture in the south.
There are many reasons for why you should visit Louisiana, but to keep things simple these are the 5 good reasons to visit the state. You can find more information on visiting Louisiana below or check out other links in my website.
More information on traveling the USA? Click here
Tell me what you think!
Have you ever visited Louisiana? Or do you wish to visit the state in the future? If you did, what was your experience like, or where would you like to go?
Subscribe to my blog for weekly updates!